Sunday, November 24, 2013

Song that had a significant meaning

“Imagine” by John Lennon
♫♫ Imagine all the people
Nothing to kill or die for
And no religion too
Imagine all the people living in peace
You may say I’m a dreamer
But I’m not the only one
I hope someday you’ll join us
And the world will be as one
Imagine all the people
No greed or hunger
A brotherhood of man
And the world will be as one ♪♫


“Imagine” by John Lennon is about world peace and ending world hunger. I think this song is about how John Lennon wanted to help stop wars and end world hunger by having people work together as one. This song is significant because it addressed big issues such as war, world hunger, and world peace.  John Lennon advocated these issues to the end of his life. I also think this song is also significant because as a very influential celebrity he brought world-wide attention to the movement to end war, poverty and hunger.

No comments:

Post a Comment